What factors are impacting our forecast for the upcoming snowstorm? What are the potential implications if we officially adopt the naming of winter storms? Where did Joseph get the mysterious box of cookies he brought to the podcast? Listen to find out!
*NOTE* For those interested in discussion related specifically to the impending snowstorm, that begins at the 1 hour, 10 minute mark of the audio
Show highlights include:
- Hosts: Andy, Ben, Matt & Joseph
- Past week’s weather discussion (Jan 23-28, 2016) [Timestamp 28:26]
- Calm and warm across Colorado
- Historic East Coast Blizzard
- Find out where the highest total (66 inches!) was
- How did it stack up against the March 1993 Superstorm?
- Opinions on the naming of winter storms
- Listener Question: Related to infrared satellite imagery [Timestamp 54:52]
- Forecasting the upcoming Groundhog Day Snowstorm for the Front Range [Timestamp 1:10:08]
- Discussion took place on Friday, January 29th – a few days before storm’s arrival
- Synoptic set-up / El Nino talk
- Each team member provides their thoughts and a “number” for Boulder